CellMax Life’s Early Cancer Detection Platform Wins 2018 MedTech Breakthrough Award
Exhibitor: SYNMOSA BIOPHARMA CORPORATION
Booth No.: M308
Leading Cancer Management Company Wins Prestigious Award for its Proprietary Circulating Tumor Cell (CTC) CMx Platform
SUNNYVALE, Calif. — June 6, 2018 — CellMax Life, a leading cancer detection, and management company with clinically proven, affordable and non-invasive early cancer detection blood tests, announced today that its proprietary CMx™ circulating tumor cell (CTC) platform has won the 2018 MedTech Breakthrough Award for Best New Technology Solution in Cancer Management. CellMax Life was chosen from over 3,000 nominations, placing it among the organization’s previous winners that include leading medical technology companies such as 23andMe, WebMD, Samsung, Stryker, Apple, IBM Watson, Humana, and ZocDoc.
“We are honored to win this award and receive this respected recognition for our CMx platform,” said Atul Sharan, CEO of CellMax Life. “Our CMx platform gives patients and physicians the ease, accuracy, and affordability that an early cancer detection test should have, and we are hopeful that adoption of this proven technology will substantially improve cancer survival rates in the country. Adoption of screening dramatically impacts mortality rates from cancer. The best example of this is probably cervical cancer, which was once one of the most common causes of cancer death for American women. However, since the onset of widespread PAP screening the cervical cancer death rate has dropped by 60%”
Colorectal cancer is among the most preventable cancers, with greater than 90% survival rates when detected early. Yet it is the second leading cancer killer in the United States. Screening tests such as colonoscopies and stool-based tests for colorectal cancer are either invasive or inconvenient and serve as a deterrent for routine screenings, with statistics demonstrating that one in three eligible Americans has never been screened for colorectal cancer. As a result, most colorectal cancer is diagnosed when the cancer is already advanced. Survival rates for colorectal cancer that has spread to other organs are only 14%. Blood tests may offer a solution. Published surveys suggest that patients who are reluctant to undergo colonoscopy screenings are very receptive to blood tests. In fact, over 83 percent of those surveyed preferred a blood test over a stool test.
Circulating tumor cells or CTCs are cells that shed from a tumor and circulate into the bloodstream very early in cancer development. However, they are very rare in early-stage cancer, presenting in fewer than five cells in a background of one billion cells, and until now have been virtually impossible to detect with high accuracy. The globally affordable CellMax Lifeblood test aims to transform early cancer detection and management with a platform that isolates these rare CTCs with a single blood sample. The CMx platform provides an accessible and affordable alternative for the 85 million individuals who are eligible for routine cancer screenings.
The CMx platform has eight patents for its proprietary technology that contains a microfluidic chip with lipid coating mimicking the human epithelium, proprietary antibodies, gentle air-foam based cell release, and advanced imaging, capturing CTCs in up to 90 percent of early-stage cancer patients across cancers such as colorectal, prostate and lung. A study announced by the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) showed that the accuracy of the test ranged from 84 to 88 percent for the detection of early-stage colorectal cancer and pre-cancer. Additionally, the platform’s successful detection of prostate cancer could help reduce unnecessary invasive biopsies by up to 90 percent in patients receiving indeterminate results following a PSA screen by clarifying what patients need the procedure.
“An affordable test with the keen sensitivity for early cancer detection like the CTC blood test has the potential to transform cancer diagnostics," said Dr. David Gandara, oncologist, and director of the Thoracic Oncology Program at the University of California, Davis. "The potential applications can go well beyond early detection to guiding treatment selection for patients diagnosed with cancer. This CTC test can detect the expression of PD-L1 – a key protein involved in suppressing the immune system. Patients who express this protein have better response rates to immunotherapy treatment that those who do not express this protein”
About CellMax Life
CellMax Life is a leading cancer diagnostics company whose mission is to transform how cancer is diagnosed and managed with globally affordable non-invasive tests for early cancer detection and management. CellMax Life’s unique expertise in circulating tumor cells (CTC) and next-generation sequencing (NGS) of DNA, as well as circulating tumor DNA (ctDNA) has enabled it to offer highly effective precision medicine solutions for healthy people, as well as patients diagnosed with cancer.
CellMax Life’s tests include CellMax-DNA Hereditary Cancer Risk Test, CellMax-CRC Colorectal Cancer Screening Test, CellMax-Prostate Cancer Test, CellMax-LBx Liquid Biopsy for immunotherapy and targeted therapy selection and CellMax-PanCa Monitoring Test. All clinical testing is performed at CLIA and CAP-accredited laboratories in Sunnyvale, California and Taipei, Taiwan.
For additional information, please visit www.cellmaxlife.com.
About MedTech Breakthrough
The MedTech Breakthrough Awards program is devoted to honoring excellence in medical and health-related technology companies, products and people. The MedTech Breakthrough Awards provide a platform for public recognition around the achievements of breakthrough MedTech companies and products in categories including Patient Engagement, mHealth, Health & Fitness, Clinical Administration, Healthcare IoT, Medical Data, Healthcare Cybersecurity and more. For more information visit www.MedTechBreakthrough.com.
More Exhibitor's Press Release
- The complete solution for intestinal precision medicine FOOYIN UNIVERSITY / 2018-07-17
- MEWE High Quality Hydrogen Water MEWE INO-GREEN CO., LTD. / 2018-07-17
- Fucoidan Extract Made from Natural Seaweeds Originated in Japan MYM INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD. / 2018-06-29
- The highlight of kagro biotech, we offer Herbal extraction of raw materials. KAGRO BIOTECH CO.,LTD. / 2018-06-25
- Professional Bio-instrument Agent MITEKLAB CO., LTD. / 2018-06-25
- 以專業功效、用心關懷、用愛守護肌膚健康 JING-TE BIOMEDICAL TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD., / 2018-06-22
- 啓益科技代理銷售電腦噴字機電腦雕刻字機提供產品永久標識和追溯專業的解決方案 TAIDEVELOP ID TECH CO., LTD. / 2018-06-19
- 2018 Expansion & Promotion for Taiwan Functional Foods CHINA GRAIN PRODUCTS RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTE / 2018-06-15
- About Major Science MAJOR SCIENCE CO.,LTD / 2018-06-06
- http://www.chinatimes.com/newspapers/20180516001186-260210 FULLHOPE BIOMEDICAL CO., LTD. / 2018-06-05
- YUNG MING MACHINE INDUSTRY CO., LTD. YUNG MING MACHINE INDUSTRY CO.,LTD. / 2018-06-04
- EirGenix, The largest Contract Development & Manufacturing Company in Taiwan EIRGENIX INC. / 2018-06-01
- BOOTH: K1205, MITSUBO sincerely invites you to have fun with us MITSUBO ENTERPRISES CO., LTD / 2018-05-25
- Heart Benefits of Natural Algae Astaxanthin WEI MING PHARMACEUTICAL. MFG. CO., LTD. / 2018-05-22
- Ko Da Pharmmaceutical Co,. Company Profile KO DA PHARMACEUTICAL CO., LTD. / 2018-05-18
- Himematsutake (Iwade Strain 101)&SOSORO Herbal Liquid FUJI INTERNATIONAL ENTERPRISES / 2018-05-17
- Let's Bright LEADINGAGE INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD. / 2018-05-17
- Genovior Biotech targets at CDMO service upon huge market potential of Biologics and Oncology GENOVIOR BIOTECH CORP. / 2018-05-16
- PHAR-NU BIO-MED CO., LTD. PHAR-NU BIO-MED CO., LTD. / 2018-05-13
- environment control farming system for laboratory TAIKONG CORP. / 2018-05-10